Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Blank Cells (or Blanking Cells)

I have made an excel spreadsheet and it is looking real nice. However, I was
wondering, How do I stp a formula from appearing if I do not want it to
appear unless there is a contents in the cells that will generate it. I have
two columns that have formulas in them but I do not want the formula (or
data) to show unless there is data in that row. The two formulas are = Today
() - I only want this to show when something is place in that row. As it
is it goes all the way down the page. How do I fix this.

The other formula is a calculation of that box vs the date input in a prior
Cell (i.e. what the difference in those days are [ 45 day difference, 20 day
difference etc] Any help with this. . .or where I can look?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ted

You probably don't need the =TODAY() formulas..........note, they will change
every day, they are not static dates.

To find the difference bwtween a static date of Jan 1, 2008 in A1 and today you
would enter in B1

=TODAY()-A1 format as General to return 26

As far as making a formula result invisible you have to add a trap.

Say you had =TODAY() in A1

You could hide the results of that by adding an IF clause to that A1 formula.

=IF(C1="","",TODAY()) which says.........if C1 is blank then show nothing in A1

Otherwise show the date in A1

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP