Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can I display negative numbers with parenthases in Excel?

Everytime I go to Format -- Cells -- Number or Currency, I can never get
the ( ) option to show up for negative numbers! HELP!!!!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Format Cells... Nymber Custom $#,##0.00_);($#,##0.00)
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200766

"Nicole" wrote:

Everytime I go to Format -- Cells -- Number or Currency, I can never get
the ( ) option to show up for negative numbers! HELP!!!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select the cell with the number you want to format then: Format Cells -
Number (or Currency) - Negative numbers: Select one of the numbers in
parentheses. Works fine in Excel 2007

Tyro

"Nicole" wrote in message
Everytime I go to Format -- Cells -- Number or Currency, I can never get
the ( ) option to show up for negative numbers! HELP!!!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could change the format of the cell, but if you want the ()'s to show up for
negative numbers in the format|cells|number tab, you'll have to change a windows
setting.

Windows start button|control panel
regional and language options
regional options tab
click the customize button
currency tab
change the negative currency format to show ()'s.

Nicole wrote:

Everytime I go to Format -- Cells -- Number or Currency, I can never get
the ( ) option to show up for negative numbers! HELP!!!!!!

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If negative brackets are not available in the NumberNegative Numbers dialog.

This is a function of your Regional Settings in Windows OS.

StartSettingsControl PanelRegional and Language SettingsRegional
OptionsCustomizeCurrencyNegative Currency Format. Click on drop-down arrow
and select the ($1.1)

Note: this is under the "Currency" tab in Regional Options. Changing under
the "Numbers" tab only does not do the trick.

Apply and OKApply your way out.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP