Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I format text so that when the formula delivers the mixeddata, it looks right

I'm using one formula to bring data from 2 cells (ranges actually)
into one cell. The data is mixed; text with $X.00. When the data is
delivered, the number is just an integer, no currency formatting.

A B

Item Description and Amount "Book 5"

=LOOKUP($E5,Items.xls!DataID,ItemDesc)&CHAR(10)&LO OKUP($E5,Items.xls!
DataID,ItemPrice)

Can someone suggest a way to format the amount in the 'B' column to
look like money?

Many thanks-

Chrism