Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Non existant rows and columns

I have templates that is part of a .xla workbook which are copied into a
active workbook via VBA when needed. These template only show columns A to I
and rows 1 to 75. Everything else is gray. How is this possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
not sure but check for hidden rows and columns. The author of the template
file may have hidden all but what was needed for the template.

Regards
FSt1

"Sparky13" wrote:

I have templates that is part of a .xla workbook which are copied into a
active workbook via VBA when needed. These template only show columns A to I
and rows 1 to 75. Everything else is gray. How is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Nope: Checked that first thing. Everything is blank after I75. I can insert
additional columns / rows but I get a message to save the file first to reset
the last blank cell. I work a lot with Excel but can not find anything on
this type of format.

"Sparky13" wrote:

I have templates that is part of a .xla workbook which are copied into a
active workbook via VBA when needed. These template only show columns A to I
and rows 1 to 75. Everything else is gray. How is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
are column/row headers showing. can you select in the gray area.
the author may have colored the cells gray. if not then they have to be
hidden.

Regards
FSt1

"Sparky13" wrote:

I have templates that is part of a .xla workbook which are copied into a
active workbook via VBA when needed. These template only show columns A to I
and rows 1 to 75. Everything else is gray. How is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Or the rows and columns height and width are set to some tiny number like .01

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 08:42:01 -0800, FSt1 wrote:

are column/row headers showing. can you select in the gray area.
the author may have colored the cells gray. if not then they have to be
hidden.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Could you send me the workbook directly for a look-see?

Change the AT and DOT as required.

Gord

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Or the rows and columns height and width are set to some tiny number like .01

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 08:42:01 -0800, FSt1 wrote:

are column/row headers showing. can you select in the gray area.
the author may have colored the cells gray. if not then they have to be
hidden.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

MY posted email address is gorddibbATshawDOTca

Make the changes to send me the workbook as attachment.

Gord

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Or the rows and columns height and width are set to some tiny number like .01

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 08:42:01 -0800, FSt1 wrote:

are column/row headers showing. can you select in the gray area.
the author may have colored the cells gray. if not then they have to be
hidden.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just to add to Gord's post...

Please don't post Gord's email address. He goes out of his way to munge his
email address so that spambots can't grab the real email address from the
newsgroups.

(A gentle reminder...)

--

Dave Peterson