Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Calculate next Monday (date) based on NOW

Hi,

Say I have a formula in A1: "=NOW()"

In another cell I want to calculate the next Monday, but I can't figure this
one out. Thanks for any suggestions..

Hendrik

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this:

=INT(A1)-WEEKDAY(A1,3)+7

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Hendrik" wrote in message

Say I have a formula in A1: "=NOW()"

In another cell I want to calculate the next Monday, but I can't figure
this
one out. Thanks for any suggestions..

Hendrik

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Works great thanks.

I did have to change the 7 to 8 though, not sure why. NOW=25-01-08 and
result is 27-01 with +7, 28-01 with +8.

But this will do fine.

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try this:

=INT(A1)-WEEKDAY(A1,3)+7

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Hendrik" wrote in message

Say I have a formula in A1: "=NOW()"

In another cell I want to calculate the next Monday, but I can't figure
this
one out. Thanks for any suggestions..

Hendrik

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are you sure, Hendrik? Which version of Excel? It seems to work OK for me
in Excel 2003.
What number (in General format) is NOW() returning? What does
=WEEKDAY(A1,3) return?
[I could get your wrong answer by using WEEKDAY(A1,2) instead of
WEEKDAY(A1,3) but I hope you copied and pasted T Valko's formula rather than
retyping it and risking errors.]
--
David Biddulph

"Hendrik" wrote in message
Works great thanks.

I did have to change the 7 to 8 though, not sure why. NOW=25-01-08 and
result is 27-01 with +7, 28-01 with +8.

But this will do fine.

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try this:

=INT(A1)-WEEKDAY(A1,3)+7

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Hendrik" wrote in message

Say I have a formula in A1: "=NOW()"

In another cell I want to calculate the next Monday, but I can't figure
this
one out. Thanks for any suggestions..

Hendrik

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hmmm....

Well, it works for me as:

=INT(A1)-WEEKDAY(A1,3)+7

Retrns 1/28/2008

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Hendrik" wrote in message
Works great thanks.

I did have to change the 7 to 8 though, not sure why. NOW=25-01-08 and
result is 27-01 with +7, 28-01 with +8.

But this will do fine.

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try this:

=INT(A1)-WEEKDAY(A1,3)+7

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Hendrik" wrote in message

Say I have a formula in A1: "=NOW()"

In another cell I want to calculate the next Monday, but I can't figure
this
one out. Thanks for any suggestions..

Hendrik

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I made a mistake. Sorry guys, works perfect!
--
Hendrik Kleine

"Hendrik" wrote:

Works great thanks.

I did have to change the 7 to 8 though, not sure why. NOW=25-01-08 and
result is 27-01 with +7, 28-01 with +8.

But this will do fine.

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try this:

=INT(A1)-WEEKDAY(A1,3)+7

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Hendrik" wrote in message

Say I have a formula in A1: "=NOW()"

In another cell I want to calculate the next Monday, but I can't figure
this
one out. Thanks for any suggestions..

Hendrik

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Glad you got it straightened out. Thanks for letting us know.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Hendrik" wrote:

Works great thanks.

I did have to change the 7 to 8 though, not sure why. NOW=25-01-08 and
result is 27-01 with +7, 28-01 with +8.

But this will do fine.

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try this: