Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Calculate every Monday

Hello How do I calculate the date for every Monday in the year 2007?
thanks
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Calculate every Monday

To calculate every Monday in the year 2007, you can use the following steps:
  1. Open a new Excel worksheet and create a column for the dates.
  2. In the first cell of the date column, enter the date January 1, 2007.
  3. In the cell below the first date, enter the formula
    Code:
    "=A1+7"
    . This will add 7 days to the previous date and give you the date for the next Monday.
  4. Copy the formula in the cell below and paste it into the cells below that. This will automatically calculate the dates for every Monday in the year 2007.

Alternatively, you can use the "AutoFill" feature in Excel to quickly fill in the dates for every Monday in the year 2007. Here's how:
  1. Enter the date January 1, 2007 in the first cell of the date column.
  2. Click and drag the fill handle (the small square in the bottom right corner of the cell) down the column to fill in the next few cells with the dates for January 8, January 15, January 22, and January 29.
  3. Select all of the cells with the dates you just filled in.
  4. Right-click on the selection and choose "Format Cells" from the context menu.
  5. In the "Format Cells" dialog box, click on the "Number" tab and choose "Custom" from the list of categories.
  6. In the "Type" field, enter the following custom format:
    Code:
    "dddd, mmmm dd, yyyy"
    . This will display the dates as "Monday, January 01, 2007" instead of just "01/01/2007".
  7. Click "OK" to close the dialog box and apply the custom format to the cells.
  8. Click and drag the fill handle down the column to fill in the rest of the dates for every Monday in the year 2007.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Thu, 2 Nov 2006 05:35:02 -0800, Wanna Learn
wrote:

Hello How do I calculate the date for every Monday in the year 2007?
thanks

First Monday in 2007:

A1: =DATE(2007,1,8)-WEEKDAY(DATE(2007,1,6))

Then for each subsequent Monday, merely add 7:

B1: =A1+7

Select B1 and copy/drag down as far as required.

--ron
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

You could put 01/01/2007 (which is a monday) in A1.
In A2 put =A1+7 and drag the formula down 53 rows.

HTH
Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

to calculate the first one from 1/1/2006 in cell b1. Then +7 for others.
=B1-DAY(B1)+8-WEEKDAY(B1-DAY(B1)+6)

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Wanna Learn" wrote in message
Hello How do I calculate the date for every Monday in the year 2007?
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

With the start date in A1 (1/1/2007):

In A2:
=A1+8-WEEKDAY(A1,2)
In A3:
=A2+7
Copy down as far as you need

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Wanna Learn" wrote in message ...
| Hello How do I calculate the date for every Monday in the year 2007?
| thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Either look up the date of the first Monday in 2007, or try the first 7 days
of 2007 and format as DDD to check, then with the first Monday in cell A1,
set cell A2 to =A1+7. Then copy A2 down for the next 51 rows.
--
David Biddulph