Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I protect a row with functions in it?

In an Excel 97 worksheet, my last row contains the "SUM" function for several
columns. When I sort the worksheet by a diferent column, that row gets mixed
up into the worksheet and loses its SUM functions.

When I sort the worksheet, how can I keep or protect that row so that it
remains as the last row in the worksheet, with the forumulas intact?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Two options:

1. Specify the range before sorting. If you let Excel find the range, it
will include the total line. So don't. Highlight the range first, then sort.

2. Move your total line to the top. Then sort starting with the line below
it.

Regards,
Fred

"Robert Judge" wrote in message
In an Excel 97 worksheet, my last row contains the "SUM" function for
several
columns. When I sort the worksheet by a diferent column, that row gets
mixed
up into the worksheet and loses its SUM functions.

When I sort the worksheet, how can I keep or protect that row so that it
remains as the last row in the worksheet, with the forumulas intact?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Leave a blank row above your SUM row.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP