Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cross Checking

All,

Please help me in solving the issue: I was asked to use
http://support.microsoft.com/default...N-US;q272623&; to add the
print directory feature. But now whenver I try to open a folder in the win
explorer it goes to search. I changed the defaults to 'OPEN', but now it is
opening the folder in a new explorer instead of within the folder. Please
advice me how to correct it. Thanks again.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Actually that was only one of about 5 options you were given so you were not
"asked to use" that particular one.

I would not use that option which sends the folder list to your printer.

I would use one of the other options so you get a *.txt file from which you can
copy to Excel

Try Tushar's Directory Listing Add-in which interfaces with Excel directly..

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP