Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Y axis to cross at zero

I have line graph of sines of angles 0 deg to 360 deg. I need the X axis to
show X-axis corresponding to angles 0, 90, 27, 360. But if I set
tick-marks every 90, the labels read 1,91,181,271,361.

This is because the "Scale" dialogue has "Value (Y) axis crosses at
category number: 1". This cannot be set to zero; it must be in the range 1
to 39999. How can I set the X-axis to commence at zero?

What point am I missing here???

Thanks

Paddy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

"Paddy" wrote :

I have line graph of sines of angles 0 deg to 360 deg. I need the X axis
to show X-axis corresponding to angles 0, 90, 27, 360. But if I set
tick-marks every 90, the labels read 1,91,181,271,361.

This is because the "Scale" dialogue has "Value (Y) axis crosses at
category number: 1". This cannot be set to zero; it must be in the range
1 to 39999. How can I set the X-axis to commence at zero?

Found it. I had forgotten - use scatter graphs rather than than line graph.

Thanks

Paddy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Paddy wrote on Sun, 16 Jul 2006 01:26:21 +1000:

?? I have line graph of sines of angles 0 deg to 360 deg. I
?? need the X axis to show X-axis corresponding to angles 0,
?? 90, 27, 360. But if I set tick-marks every 90, the
?? labels read 1,91,181,271,361.
??
?? This is because the "Scale" dialogue has "Value (Y) axis
?? crosses at category number: 1". This cannot be set to
zero; it
?? must be in the range 1 to 39999. How can I set the X-axis
?? to commence at zero?

P Found it. I had forgotten - use scatter graphs rather than
P than line graph.

P Thanks

Don't worry! You wouldn't have been the first to rush into print
with that question or answer. It's almost on the level of how to
plot empty values :-)

James Silverton.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

"James Silverton" wrote:

Don't worry! You wouldn't have been the first to rush into print with that
question or answer. It's almost on the level of how to plot empty values
:-)

Ah! But you may not appreciate the deeper import of my Alzheimic episode!
I have a class of High School kids in Excel next week - haven't used Excel
for a while. "She'll be right" quoth I blithely ..........

Confucius say: Use It or Lose It !!!!

:-)

Paddy