Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default insert auto text

how do you insert page 1 of 2 in a footer in excel like you can in word
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

File, Page Setup, Header/Footer, Custom Footer, click the buttons

Linda wrote:

how do you insert page 1 of 2 in a footer in excel like you can in word

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Click FILE in the menu and select PAGE SETUP. In the PAGE SETUP dialog box,
click the HEADER/FOOTER tab and then click the CUSTOM FOOTER command button.

In either the left/center/right panel type the word "Page" w/o quotes, press
the space bar and click the second command button (going from left to right),
which has a single "+" on it. Then press the spacebar and type the word "of"
followed by a space and then click the third command button (going from left
to right), which has 2 plus signs on it.

Your footer will look like the text below:

Page &[Page] of &[Pages]
--
Kevin Backmann

how do you insert page 1 of 2 in a footer in excel like you can in word

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

ViewHeader and Footer

Click on the dropdown in Footer and select Page 1 of ?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 10:13:02 -0800, Linda
wrote:

how do you insert page 1 of 2 in a footer in excel like you can in word

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Kevin

Why go to Custom Footer when the default footer dropodown will suffice?

Gord

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 10:51:02 -0800, Kevin B
wrote:

Click FILE in the menu and select PAGE SETUP. In the PAGE SETUP dialog box,
click the HEADER/FOOTER tab and then click the CUSTOM FOOTER command button.

In either the left/center/right panel type the word "Page" w/o quotes, press
the space bar and click the second command button (going from left to right),
which has a single "+" on it. Then press the spacebar and type the word "of"
followed by a space and then click the third command button (going from left
to right), which has 2 plus signs on it.

Your footer will look like the text below:

Page &[Page] of &[Pages]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

We all get used to replying with the Custom footer because most people already
know how to pick from the defaults so we tend to forget they are available.

Gord