Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Zab Zab is offline

Default group (add) numbers without exceeding 168" the best possible way.

hello i am triing to group these numbers below, but i do not want the total
to exceed 168. i need to know how many pieces that are 168 in length it will
take. i would imagine it will take some vba to conduct this and i am fine
with this.

23.5
23.5
30.883
30.883
30.883
30.883
37.383
37.383
43.411
43.411
47
48
49.876
50.646
50.883
50.883
50.883
50.883
50.883
50.883
50.883
50.883
55.383
55.383
59.5
90

below i have manually grouped the numbers together with their totals to the
right.
50.883 50.883 50.883 = 152.649
50.883 50.883 50.883 = 152.649
48 43.411 30.883 30.883 = 153.177