Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Someone Please remind me How to do this

I have several numbers highlighted in Excel. When I look to the lower right
hand section of the Excel Window, I can see the sum of those numbers. If I
right click the sum, I can change to the maximum, the minimum, the average
and so forth. There are times it would be useful to capture the sum and be
able to copy the answer into a cell. I used to know how to do this but can
not remember now for the life of me. It doesn't wrk to ctrl+c and you can't
right click. Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On 24 Jan, 11:58, tzap_1998
wrote:
I have several numbers highlighted in Excel. When I look to the lower right
hand section of the Excel Window, I can see the sum of those numbers. If I
right click the sum, I can change to the maximum, the minimum, the average
and so forth. There are times it would be useful to capture the sum

You can select cells, then click Autosum ( Ó ) which sums them. Or you
can type =SUM(A1:A3) into any cell to sum cells A1, A2, and A3.

Joe.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

tzap

I think what you are looking for is the "Status Bar". Goto
toolsoptionsveiw tabShowStatus bar. Now what you are looking for is in
the lower right corner with all the commands you described.

Mike Rogers