Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Adding Rows and columns without harming the formulas

Thanks for taking my question. I have a list of names. The list is
seperated by several campaigners and after each campaigners group of names I
have a total line. That line has formulas in it that keeps track of all the
names for that campaigner. My issue is that if I were to take a row out or
add a row to add another name, all the formulas that I have under it get
corrupted. How do I stop that from happening and still have the ability to
add or delete rows or columns.
Thanks again.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
first, Post the formula you are usning now.
second, what is a campaigner? subgroiup????

regards
FSt

"Stimey83" wrote:

Thanks for taking my question. I have a list of names. The list is
seperated by several campaigners and after each campaigners group of names I
have a total line. That line has formulas in it that keeps track of all the
names for that campaigner. My issue is that if I were to take a row out or
add a row to add another name, all the formulas that I have under it get
corrupted. How do I stop that from happening and still have the ability to
add or delete rows or columns.
Thanks again.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

First, I work for a non-profit. A campaigner is someone that is helping to
solicit donations. We have 40 campaigners and each campaigner is assigned
prospects. So say rows 2-15 are bob's prospects then row 16 is where his
totals are. The formulas then would be the sum of 2-15, say, =sum(E2:E15)
and the total of them is in E16. Then if I try to add another row somewhere
in there, it messes up that formula and all the other from there on down.