Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Problem with sorting by date columns

I have had a problem with sorting by dates and sometimes with numbers after
pasting files from MS Access 2003 into Excel 2003. I use Access to query
out files that I need to analyze, then I analyze them in Excel.
I have had instances when some of the files will not sort ascending or
descending even after I have formatted the dates in the entire column and
have reformatted all of the other columns; it is like they don't format with
the others. I usually have about 12 to 15 columns, some text some numbers
and some dates. Can anyone explain how this happens? Am I doing something
wrong? Thanks, Pat

--

Living life is like drawing without an eraser!