Ardell

Default Date sorting problem

Using Excel 2002 - we have huge list of dates that often have no DAY, or
that only have a year. We have to sort them and don't know how.
Such as:
12/31/02
12/00/02
2002

Thank you,
Ardell

Gary''s Student

You need to make some simple assumptions. For example, if there is no day,
then assume the day=1. If there is no month and no day, then assume 1 jan.

Then re-format the data.

Then sort in the usual fashion
--
Gary's Student