Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to maintain row & column formatting when copying to a new work

First off I thnk the Office 2007 Excel Workbook is somehow damaged because it
keeps doubling the size of the file each time we open and close it. Its now
up to 48mb and I know its not that large of a file.

What I want to do is copy a range of cells A1 thru N175 over to a new
workbook.
I would like to maintain the cell and column formatting in the process.
I don't want to have to keep rearranging the column widths each time I do
this.
Pershaps I need to protect something first.

Anyway how does one copy a specific or even a subset of cells over to a new
workbook and yet maintain any fomatting and formulas. Fortnunately this is
mostly text so I don't have to worry about formulas.

However I would like to save the new workbook in Excel 2003 format or even
paste directly from a read only copy of the 2007 workbook over to the 2003
workbook.

Thanks
--
Never enough time to do it right but always enough time to do it over again
and again. Especially in Windows.