Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Date Axis

I have 5 dates in a series of data: -
31/12/07
31/01/08
28/02/08
31/03/08
30/04/08
when I create the chart these dates appear as: -
01/12/07
01/01/08
01/02/08
01/03/08
01/04/08
How can I get the dates on the axis to match the dates in the data series?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel is being a little too helpful.
Right click the chart; from shortcut menu select Chart Options
Open Axes tab and select for x-axis Category rather than Automatic or
Time-Scale
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Skip4t" wrote in message
I have 5 dates in a series of data: -
31/12/07
31/01/08
28/02/08
31/03/08
30/04/08
when I create the chart these dates appear as: -
01/12/07
01/01/08
01/02/08
01/03/08
01/04/08
How can I get the dates on the axis to match the dates in the data series?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Another way is to convert your dates to text: =TEXT(A1,"dd/mm/yy")

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Skip4t" wrote in message ...
| Thanks, forgot to mention I am in Excel 2007. I've tried everything and can't
| get it right!
|
| "Bernard Liengme" wrote:
|
| Excel is being a little too helpful.
| Right click the chart; from shortcut menu select Chart Options
| Open Axes tab and select for x-axis Category rather than Automatic or
| Time-Scale
| best wishes
| --
| Bernard V Liengme
| Microsoft Excel MVP
| www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
| remove caps from email
|

| "Skip4t" wrote in message
| I have 5 dates in a series of data: -
| 31/12/07
| 31/01/08
| 28/02/08
| 31/03/08
| 30/04/08
| when I create the chart these dates appear as: -
| 01/12/07
| 01/01/08
| 01/02/08
| 01/03/08
| 01/04/08
| How can I get the dates on the axis to match the dates in the data series?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you that's the one! Perfect.

"Skip4t" wrote in message ...
| Thanks, forgot to mention I am in Excel 2007. I've tried everything and can't
| get it right!
|
| "Bernard Liengme" wrote:
|
| Excel is being a little too helpful.
| Right click the chart; from shortcut menu select Chart Options
| Open Axes tab and select for x-axis Category rather than Automatic or
| Time-Scale
| best wishes
| --
| Bernard V Liengme
| Microsoft Excel MVP
| www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
| remove caps from email
|

| "Skip4t" wrote in message
| I have 5 dates in a series of data: -
| 31/12/07
| 31/01/08
| 28/02/08
| 31/03/08
| 30/04/08
| when I create the chart these dates appear as: -
| 01/12/07
| 01/01/08
| 01/02/08
| 01/03/08
| 01/04/08
| How can I get the dates on the axis to match the dates in the data series?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

As long as the chart type is not xy-scatter you would select the x axis,
right click and Format Axis.
On the Axis Options page is the Axis Type: Text Axis.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel