Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Table of Tabs

Trying to create a "table of contents" of all my tabs in a worksheet. I've
seen this on other worksheets as a hierarchy list of tabs on the left of the
screen... like a folder view... any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can type your table of contents entries, then one by one create
hyperlinks to the sheets. Right click the entry and select hyperlink,
then click the bookmark button and select the corresponding sheet.

This is manual but fast if you don't have a large workbook.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Rather than an index sheet with hyperlinks.......how do you get back to the
index sheet?.............try a sheet navigation toolbar or similar.

Sheet navigation bar from Debra Dalgleish's site.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlToolbar01.html

Or Bob Phillips' Browsesheets macro which I prefer.

See this google search result for Bob's code.

http://tinyurl.com/yoa3dw

Don't forget..........right-click on any of the navigation arrows at lower left
will give you a 15-sheet list and "more sheets" to pick from.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 11:58:01 -0800, Cyclewench
wrote:

Trying to create a "table of contents" of all my tabs in a worksheet. I've
seen this on other worksheets as a hierarchy list of tabs on the left of the
screen... like a folder view... any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

David MacRitchie has a Build Table of Contents macro, available he

Hope this helps.

Pete