Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jai jai is offline

Default Page break preview

Hi,

In a page break preview, we have two portion one is white and one is black.
We can work on both the portion alike. But the difference is; that, we can
take print out of whatever, we have written on white portion. Now, in page
break preview we can have only one white portion at a time. I need more than
one white portion. Is it possible in excel.

Any assistance would be grately obliged.

Thanks & regards

Jai

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
hjc hjc is offline

The 'white area' that is displayed in Page Break Preview is what will
normally print, unless you do one of the following:

(a) If the part you want to print is adjacent to the white area, you can
simply drag the blue lines surrounding the white area to include the part you
want to print. That part will then become part of the white area.

(b) If the part you want to print is NOT adjacent to the white area (or if
it is beside the white area, but it is a different length; or it is below the
white area, but it is a different width), select the block of cells you want
to print, then right click inside the selected block and choose 'Add to Print
Area' from the dropdown menu.

(c) If you want to print an area outside the white area, but you don't want
to re-define the white area, select the cells you want to print, then choose
'File | Print...' from the main Excel menu and click on the radio button
beside 'Selection' in the 'Print what' section in the lower left corner of
the Print dialog (in Excel 2003). Then print as usual. You can do this even
if you are not in Page Break Preview, but you must re-do it every time you
want to print. Otherwise, Excel will revert to printing only the white area.

I hope this helps,
Hugh John