Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default MSQuery Parameters and Group/Summation URGENT!

Using MSQuery for Excel, I have created a query linked to an outside data
source that uses a parameter that is linked (auto-prompted) to a cell on my
worksheet. That works very well. Now I want to group the rows (within the
query) and sum the values. This doesn't work!

However, it does work for me as long as I supply the parameter within the
query grid. However, if I want it to prompt me for the parameter, it gives me
the error.. "Invalid column name 'mydata'. Statement(s) could not be
prepared."

Why is it doing this? And.. How can I get around it???
--
Thanks! cs

msquery troestj Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 September 25th 06 02:31 PM
MSQuery Lac Excel Worksheet Functions 2 June 14th 06 08:49 AM
MsQuery Documentation [email protected] Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 March 28th 06 04:55 PM
Combo box from MSQuery Dean Excel Worksheet Functions 0 January 11th 06 12:12 PM
urgent ......problems on group pamela Excel Worksheet Functions 5 September 2nd 05 11:14 AM