Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Column fixed width

Hello,

Im currently inserting each day, several information copied from a web page,
in sort of columns.
But every time i paste, the text does not fit and I have to adjust the widht
of some columns.
Can I fix the width of this specific columns.

Thanks

JP
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
You can set specific widths for the columns,

If you highlight the column that you wish to set the width. Then right click
and go to column width. Then enter your desired width.
Alternatively you can double click the divider at the top and it will snap
to maximum required width for the information stored in that column.

Is that what you meant? Or did you want to restrict the amount of characters
in a cell?

Alex