Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Text to column, fixed width

I have a chart based on imported data from a database. The problem is after
anytime I refresh data, the chart is colasped, all data become straight line
at 0. I have to click data/text to column/fixed width/finish to get my chart
back.

My question: How can I format the worksheet so that I don't have to do this
after refresh data?

Thanks
Daniel
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You could record a macro to do the import followed by the parsing
(text-to-columns)
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Daniel" wrote in message
I have a chart based on imported data from a database. The problem is
after
anytime I refresh data, the chart is colasped, all data become straight
line
at 0. I have to click data/text to column/fixed width/finish to get my
chart
back.

My question: How can I format the worksheet so that I don't have to do
this
after refresh data?

Thanks
Daniel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi Bernard
I did that but it took the same amout of clicks. Tool/macro/choose sub/run
Don't know how to format so that I can get rid of this task: text to
column/fixed width after refresh data.
Thanks
Daniel