Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Autosum Calculating Wrong

On my spreadsheet I have cells that reference calculated totals on other
worksheets, at the bottom of the column I have it auto summing the column.
It's not adding correctly, it's currently 2 cents off from what it should be.
Any ideas on how to get it to add it correctly?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This is common in Excel. If for example in A1 you have 1.045 and in A2 you
have 1.037 and you sum the numbers in A3 and you're displaying 2 places of
decimal, you will see in A1: 1.05, B1: 1.04 and A3: 2.08. It appears that
A3 is wrong and should be 2.09. Show 3 places of decimal and you'll see the
underlying numbers 1.045, 1.027 and 2.082. You have to take care of this
rounding problem yourself. Excel is computing correctly.

Tyro