Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
KJ KJ is offline

Default Pivot table help

I have a pivot table that for simplicity's sake uses rows 1-10. I want to be
able to do spreadsheet functions, formulas, in the rows below (say row 12-15)
the pivtot table making calculations extracted from various values in the
pivot table. But as my Data source for the pivot grows, and my pivot table
grows, it wants to add rows of pivot table on top of my added rows. Confused?

ei: my pivot table grows to 15 rows. Now it would put that on top of my
added rows. I want my added rows to be kept 2 rows below my pivot table
automatically. Whether I filter my pivot to be 3 rows or 30 I would always
want my added rows to be 2 rows beneath it.
Am I missing an easy function without VBA?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You need to use the GETPIVOTDATA function. Search Help and it will
guide you through it.

Don't put your formulas next to the pivot table. Try to locate them
elsewhere if possible.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
KJ KJ is offline

I'm familiar with the GETPIVOTDATA function, my issue is that the report I
work on, I need the output of the pivot table, plus extra calulations of that
data on the same page.

"HKaplan" wrote:

You need to use the GETPIVOTDATA function. Search Help and it will
guide you through it.

Don't put your formulas next to the pivot table. Try to locate them
elsewhere if possible.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
KJ KJ is offline

New question:
If I extract two pivot tables from the same data source (because I need them
summarized in different ways), can I have the second table reference the same
filter as the first? ei: I want both to filter for the month of January, is
there a way to have Table B automatically changed? Or can I have filters
from other pivot tables basically synched?

"HKaplan" wrote:

You need to use the GETPIVOTDATA function. Search Help and it will
guide you through it.

Don't put your formulas next to the pivot table. Try to locate them
elsewhere if possible.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There's nothing built in that will synchronize the pivot tables. You
could use programming to make the page field selections the same.
There's a sample file he

Under Pivot Tables, look for 'PT0008 - Change Multiple Page Fields'

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There's no setting in a pivot table that will allow it to expand without
overwriting the data below or to the right of it. Perhaps you could add
your formulas to the left or above the pivot table.