Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
cbh cbh is offline

Default How do I close all open spreadsheets at once?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this:

Hold down the SHIFT key...and...
From the Excel Main Menu:
<file<close ALL

Does that help?
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Here is one I use to save all and close and then close the workbook its in

Sub CLOSE_ALL()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
For Each w In Application.Workbooks
If w.Name < ThisWorkbook.Name Then
w.Save
w.Close
End If
Next w
ThisWorkbook.Save
Application.Quit

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
cbh cbh is offline

Ron, I have Office 2007. There is no longer a "File" heading. It has
totally changed and I am totally confused.

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Try this:

Hold down the SHIFT key...and...
From the Excel Main Menu:
<file<close ALL

Does that help?
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hold the Shift key and click on the Top right X in 2007

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"cbh" wrote in message ...
Ron, I have Office 2007. There is no longer a "File" heading. It has
totally changed and I am totally confused.

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Try this:

Hold down the SHIFT key...and...
From the Excel Main Menu:
<file<close ALL

Does that help?
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can go to Microsoft and search for Command Reference 2003, 2007. You'll
get the cross reference for all Office products. You can download the cross
reference and pick an item in the Office 2003 menus, Excel, for example and
the cross reference will show you how to do the same thing in Excel 2007.
Once you get used to the ribbon in Excel 2007, you'll find it much faster
and more intuitive than previous versions of Excel. It just looks more
complex, but is in fact a lot easier. As far as I know, Excel 2007 does not
close all workbooks at the same time by using Shift+Close. It closes one at
a time.

Tyro

For Excel:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ex...CH100648241033

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

See Ron de Bruin's site for graphics of where 2007 commands and menu items are
located.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/0307commands.htm

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 14:16:01 -0800, cbh wrote:

Ron, I have Office 2007. There is no longer a "File" heading. It has
totally changed and I am totally confused.

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Try this:

Hold down the SHIFT key...and...
From the Excel Main Menu:
<file<close ALL

Does that help?
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That not only closes the workbooks, it closes Excel as well.

Tyro

"cbh" wrote in message
Ron, I have Office 2007. There is no longer a "File" heading. It has
totally changed and I am totally confused.

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Try this:

Hold down the SHIFT key...and...
From the Excel Main Menu:
<file<close ALL

Does that help?
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Tyro

If I want to close all workbooks I want to close Excel also.
But maybe the OP want to keep Excel open

Alt F4 is the same as Shift + Click on X

--

"cbh" wrote in message
Ron, I have Office 2007. There is no longer a "File" heading. It has
totally changed and I am totally confused.

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Try this:

Hold down the SHIFT key...and...
From the Excel Main Menu:
<file<close ALL

Does that help?
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

All the OP said was he/she wants to "close all open workbooks" not close
Excel. Take it from there.

Tyro

"Ron de Bruin" wrote in message
Hi Tyro

If I want to close all workbooks I want to close Excel also.
But maybe the OP want to keep Excel open

Alt F4 is the same as Shift + Click on X

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

. net...

"cbh" wrote in message
Ron, I have Office 2007. There is no longer a "File" heading. It has
totally changed and I am totally confused.

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Try this:

Hold down the SHIFT key...and...
From the Excel Main Menu:
<file<close ALL

Does that help?
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There are not many power users that agree with you Tyro.
For a lot of things you need more clicks.

But there is no way back.

Have a nice weekend

--

"Tyro" wrote in message et...
I find it faster. Been working with Excel since Excel 95

Tyro

"Ron de Bruin" wrote in message
you'll find it much faster

Not faster but easier for beginners

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Tyro" wrote in message
. net...
You can go to Microsoft and search for Command Reference 2003, 2007.
You'll get the cross reference for all Office products. You can download
the cross reference and pick an item in the Office 2003 menus, Excel, for
example and the cross reference will show you how to do the same thing in
Excel 2007.
Once you get used to the ribbon in Excel 2007, you'll find it much faster
and more intuitive than previous versions of Excel. It just looks more
complex, but is in fact a lot easier. As far as I know, Excel 2007 does
not close all workbooks at the same time by using Shift+Close. It closes
one at a time.

Tyro

For Excel:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ex...CH100648241033

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can do everything with 2007 that you did with prior versions. The menus
just obfuscated things. The ribbon is so much easier. You can still have
your menus, toolbars, functions etc. It's that they just appear in Add-ins.
Everything I've developed over the years is present in Excel 2007. "Power
users"? What do they use?

Tyro

"Ron de Bruin" wrote in message
There are not many power users that agree with you Tyro.
For a lot of things you need more clicks.

But there is no way back.

Have a nice weekend

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Tyro" wrote in message
et...
I find it faster. Been working with Excel since Excel 95

Tyro

"Ron de Bruin" wrote in message
you'll find it much faster

Not faster but easier for beginners