Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default I want paste / fill to NOT copy cell formatting

When you use either copy/paste or fill to copy data, the cell formatting also
gets copied. I don't mind the number formats being used, but it is extremely
annoying that other formatting such as boarders and shading gets copied too.

I have my formatting done the way I need it, but at times I need to update
the data. I do this using paste or fill. Then my formatting gets all messed
up and I spend all kinds of time fixing it.

I know I can use Paste special to just paste the data but this is a pain to
have to use every time I paste. I want Paste Special/Formulas Only to be the
Default behaviour for paste. How can I make this happen? The same for the
Fill command. I want it by default to only fill formulas, not formatting.

Is it just me, or is this different in Office 2007 than it was in Office
2003???