Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Importing bound objects (bitmaps) from Access to Excel

I have an Access database where each record has an imbedded bitmap picture in
it. When I Import that data into Excel, the photo does not import. Does
anyone know how I can get the photos into the spreadsheet as well? This is
pretty important so I really appreciate anyone's help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

How are you importing the data..........Copy&Paste, MSQuery, other?

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Sandy" wrote in message
I have an Access database where each record has an imbedded bitmap picture

in
it. When I Import that data into Excel, the photo does not import. Does
anyone know how I can get the photos into the spreadsheet as well? This

is
pretty important so I really appreciate anyone's help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I've done it two ways. The first is just exporting from Access (analysis
with Excel). The other was in Excel:

Data Import Data Select Datasource (the database) Select Table (or
query).

Another person in the Access question area provided me with a program to
export all of the photos but they make individual files and I don't know how
to import them all into the spreadsheet so I don't know if that's a help or
not.

Each record is that of a student in an orphanage school and I'm about to get
the data from five other schools so I'd really like to have something work.
Most of the end users are not at all familiar with Access but seem somewhat
comfortable with Excel.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

"Sandy" wrote in message
I have an Access database where each record has an imbedded bitmap picture

in
it. When I Import that data into Excel, the photo does not import. Does
anyone know how I can get the photos into the spreadsheet as well? This

is
pretty important so I really appreciate anyone's help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Jim Cone has a fine reasonable commercial Add-in called
ListFiles........it's available at

http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primi...ware/index.php

It will give you a list in Excel of all the files in a directory, and if
they are all images, all the image files of course........each listing is
also a link to the image and will call it up.........I'm too tired to go on
tonight, but if you are interested, email me, and I will send you a macro
that will scan through that list and put each image in a commment box for
that cell.........the images pop up as you scan over the cell..........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3
croberts at tampabay dot rr dot com

"Sandy" wrote in message
I have an Access database where each record has an imbedded bitmap

picture
in
it. When I Import that data into Excel, the photo does not import.

Does
anyone know how I can get the photos into the spreadsheet as well?

This
is
pretty important so I really appreciate anyone's help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Chuck,

That would be a huge help! The Add-in brings the pictures in as a hyperlink
but, if I share the document, I don't think the photo will go, right?

Thank you so much for your offer to write a macro!