Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default matching function

I am evaluating financial repayment and set it up as semi-annual repayment. I
want to copy a set of figures from one sheet to another based on matching
years. but as each year now appears twice, it will copy the same figure twice
if I use the match and index function, is there a way where I can copy the
complete set of figures from one sheet to another (it's certainly not as
simple as Copy & Paste function, by the way!)... many thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

as the date for debt service in my example differs from that for the
operating income (revenue minus cost), now I want to consolidate these two
into the final cash flow calculation. If the cash flow is shown annually,
then i could use the index and match function to match the year hence bring
the debt service or operating income results into the final cash flow sheet,
but since i set it up as semi-annual, i.e. showing the cash flow position
every half year, the index and match function simply returns half of the
first "year" it could find that match figures in the debt service or
operating income sheet. Do you have any solutions for this? many thanks!

"Don Guillett" wrote:

How about a couple of before/after examples.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"qiuqiu" wrote in message
I am evaluating financial repayment and set it up as semi-annual repayment.
want to copy a set of figures from one sheet to another based on matching
years. but as each year now appears twice, it will copy the same figure
twice
if I use the match and index function, is there a way where I can copy the
complete set of figures from one sheet to another (it's certainly not as
simple as Copy & Paste function, by the way!)... many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How about a couple of before/after examples.
Or send a workbook to my address below along with a clear explanation of
what you want. Pls keep in mind that I do NOT read minds.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel