Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Retrieve text from filter data in workbook 1 and place values in 2

What would be a good way to get data from a text range in workbook1 for only
rows that meet a criteria. When I filter the data in workbook1 and then do a
copy paste I get the unfiltered rows between the selected rows. The macro to
do this was recorded as I did it step by step. Please help. I'm new to
Basic but was a programer in other languages. Thanks,

RHall
--
none
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I filtered a list, copied the filtered rows and pasted them. I got only the
filtered rows. No unfiltered rows. Excel 2007. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding
what you're trying to do.

"RHall" .(donotspam) wrote in message
What would be a good way to get data from a text range in workbook1 for
only
rows that meet a criteria. When I filter the data in workbook1 and then
do a
copy paste I get the unfiltered rows between the selected rows. The macro
do this was recorded as I did it step by step. Please help. I'm new to
Basic but was a programer in other languages. Thanks,

RHall
--
none

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You really don't need a macro for this.

Select the filtered data, then hit <F5 to get the "GoTo" dialog box.
Click on "Special", then "Visible Cells Only", then <OK.

Right click in the selection and choose "Copy", and then navigate to where
you would like to paste.

If you do this often enough, there is an icon you can place on your toolbar
to make this easier yet.

Right click on the toolbar and choose "Customize".
Under the "Commands" tab,
In the left window, click on "Edit",
In the right window, scroll down to the bottom, where the next to last icon
is "Select Visible Cells".
Click and drag it to your toolbar.

--
HTH,