Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Retrieve values from 2 worksheets.

I have 2 worksheets with part numbers and quantities in stock for 2
separate warehouses. I have a 3rd sheet with commonly used parts on.
For the commonly used part Nos, I want to get the quantity in stock for
each Warehouse.
i.e.
PART NUMBER WAREHOUSE 1 STOCK WAREHOUSE 2 STOCK
abc43 55 23
qwe21 35 87
fde182 12 14

I can see on the preview that my table above looks rubbish!
Hopefully you can see what I mean?
Part# abc43 - Warehouse 1 stock 55, Warehouse 2 stock 23

I have spent several hours looking through the various functions with
no luck.
Any help greatly appreciated.

's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34701
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=544707

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Toppers

Assuming Part Number in column A and Quantity in B on Sheets called WHS1 and
WHS2 then use VLOOKUP on your 3rd sheet:

Qty in WHS1 (col B) where A2 is common part number. Copy down as required

=VLOOKUP(A2,whs1!$A$1:$B$100,2,FALSE)

Qty in WHS2 (col C)

=VLOOKUP(A2,whs2!$A$1:$B$100,2,FALSE)

Change ranges/sheet names as required.

HTH

" wrote:

I have 2 worksheets with part numbers and quantities in stock for 2
separate warehouses. I have a 3rd sheet with commonly used parts on.
For the commonly used part Nos, I want to get the quantity in stock for
each Warehouse.
i.e.
PART NUMBER WAREHOUSE 1 STOCK WAREHOUSE 2 STOCK
abc43 55 23
qwe21 35 87
fde182 12 14

I can see on the preview that my table above looks rubbish!
Hopefully you can see what I mean?
Part# abc43 - Warehouse 1 stock 55, Warehouse 2 stock 23

I have spent several hours looking through the various functions with
no luck.
Any help greatly appreciated.

's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34701
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=544707