Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Moving Cell Values

How can I get excel to separate cell values based on some form of conditional
statement? Such that entering a code such as 9999 in one cell will cause the
value of another cell to shift into a different column. I am trying to
distinguish between billable and non billable time.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just use an extra cell (cells are cheap). Say if A1 is 9999 we want 13 to
appear in column C, otherwise 13 should appear in column D.

1. put 13 in B1
2. put =IF(A1=9999,B1,"") in C1
3. put =IF(A1=9999,"",B1) in D1

The 13 will move depending on whether you put 9999 in A1 or some other walue
in A1.

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200763