Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default I need to keep a changing value

I have a payroll speadsheet. It works well, but I would like to keep
year-to-date totals. My problem is that my weekly totals are not static (they
come from a formula). The weekly totals change every week but I cannot figure
out how to store them for my Y-T-D sums. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Perhaps you could just Archive the file occasionallly, by doing a File
SaveAs ....and using a different name with a date code..........then you
could retrieve the data you need from any one of them.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"TomH" wrote:

I have a payroll speadsheet. It works well, but I would like to keep
year-to-date totals. My problem is that my weekly totals are not static (they
come from a formula). The weekly totals change every week but I cannot figure
out how to store them for my Y-T-D sums. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I appreciate the info. If I cannot find any other way to do it, I will make
that work. I would rather do it all with one file, if possible. I guess my
real question is: Is there any way to save data into a seperate cell before
the data changes?

"TomH" wrote:

I have a payroll speadsheet. It works well, but I would like to keep
year-to-date totals. My problem is that my weekly totals are not static (they
come from a formula). The weekly totals change every week but I cannot figure
out how to store them for my Y-T-D sums. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

To do it manually......
Copy PasteSpecial Values

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"TomH" wrote:

I have a payroll speadsheet. It works well, but I would like to keep
year-to-date totals. My problem is that my weekly totals are not static (they
come from a formula). The weekly totals change every week but I cannot figure
out how to store them for my Y-T-D sums. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

thanks. manual won't work, because I will not be the one using it and I would
have to do it manually for every field. I could just type it in as fast. I
have experimented with the IF function and could use it, if someone knows how
to make it so that the cell's value does not change the if the condition is
not true.

"CLR" wrote:

To do it manually......
Copy PasteSpecial Values

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"TomH" wrote:

I have a payroll speadsheet. It works well, but I would like to keep
year-to-date totals. My problem is that my weekly totals are not static (they
come from a formula). The weekly totals change every week but I cannot figure
out how to store them for my Y-T-D sums. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you continue adding to the payroll sheet, or does the weekly data
change and it's only one week listed at a time?

On Jan 3, 3:09 pm, TomH wrote:
thanks. manual won't work, because I will not be the one using it and I would
have to do it manually for every field. I could just type it in as fast. I
have experimented with the IF function and could use it, if someone knows how
to make it so that the cell's value does not change the if the condition is
not true.

"CLR" wrote:
To do it manually......
Copy PasteSpecial Values

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"TomH" wrote:

I have a payroll speadsheet. It works well, but I would like to keep
year-to-date totals. My problem is that my weekly totals are not static (they
come from a formula). The weekly totals change every week but I cannot figure
out how to store them for my Y-T-D sums. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Only one week at a time. I have a list of fields to store the weekly values
in, based on the date. The problem is (of course) that the values are only
there when the date is correct.

On Jan 3, 3:09 pm, TomH wrote:
thanks. manual won't work, because I will not be the one using it and I would
have to do it manually for every field. I could just type it in as fast. I
have experimented with the IF function and could use it, if someone knows how
to make it so that the cell's value does not change the if the condition is
not true.

"CLR" wrote:
To do it manually......
Copy PasteSpecial Values