Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
TomH TomH is offline

Default I need to keep a changing value

I appreciate the info. If I cannot find any other way to do it, I will make
that work. I would rather do it all with one file, if possible. I guess my
real question is: Is there any way to save data into a seperate cell before
the data changes?

"CLR" wrote:

Perhaps you could just Archive the file occasionallly, by doing a File
SaveAs ....and using a different name with a date code..........then you
could retrieve the data you need from any one of them.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"TomH" wrote:

I have a payroll speadsheet. It works well, but I would like to keep
year-to-date totals. My problem is that my weekly totals are not static (they
come from a formula). The weekly totals change every week but I cannot figure
out how to store them for my Y-T-D sums. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks