jimmiebrown

Default Help! Heeeelp! can I copy an excel macro to another computer

We had an employee leave our company that has excel macros on her computer.
Is there a way to somehow export thos macros and import on a different
computer?
Paul B

You can export a macro and save it, to do this from your workbook,
right-click the workbook's icon and pick View Code. This icon is to the left
of the "File" menu this will open the VBA editor, click on the module you
want to save and go to file and export file, then save it to a floppy or
what ever you backup to, then import it to the new workbook.
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"jimmiebrown" wrote in message
We had an employee leave our company that has excel macros on her
computer.
Is there a way to somehow export thos macros and import on a different
computer?

hi,
open the vb editor (alt+F11). on the left side,click the
project(file) to expand. right click the macro you want.
select export. it will export as a text file with a .bas
file extention.
to import you bacicly reverse the process above except
click import.

Gord Dibben

jimmie

Macros are saved with a workbook or in Personal.xls or in a *.xla add-in if
one was created.

First you have to find where the macros are located then you can export either
the files or go with the other answers you received about copying the code.

Personal.xls should reside in the XLSTART folder which by default in Excel
2003 would be at.......

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

If in workbooks, those macros will stay with the workbooks.

If in an add-in*.XLA), find out which and export that also.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP