Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Calculation

In cell B47 I want to type in a number example 160 and it multiply by 7.15
and give the answer. Can someone assit me in how to do this.

Thanks
Chey
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Chey

Then first, move your cursor to that cell.

Start typing:

=160*7.15

and once you've done that, hit the Enter key.

Are you succeeding?

--
Wigi
http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music

"Chey" wrote:

In cell B47 I want to type in a number example 160 and it multiply by 7.15
and give the answer. Can someone assit me in how to do this.

Thanks
Chey

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This is going to be a locked form. Many users are going to use it. It would
be easier if they could just type in a number amount. This represents hours
worked. Our min wage is 7.15 an hour.

Thanks

"Chey" wrote:

In cell B47 I want to type in a number example 160 and it multiply by 7.15
and give the answer. Can someone assit me in how to do this.

Thanks
Chey

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It would be easier if you use a formula to do this.

B47 = some number

Enter this formula in say, C47:

=IF(ISNUMBER(B47),B47*7.15,0)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Chey" wrote:

In cell B47 I want to type in a number example 160 and it multiply by
7.15
and give the answer. Can someone assit me in how to do this.

Thanks
Chey

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

this still is not working for what I want. I want to type the value in B47
and return my answer in B47 so if I were to type in 160 in B47 and hit return
it would be 1144.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

"Chey" wrote:

In cell B47 I want to type in a number example 160 and it multiply by
7.15
and give the answer. Can someone assit me in how to do this.

Thanks
Chey

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are you sure you want to do it this way? You would need an event macro to do
this. Also, you might not know if you make a mistake and enter a wrong
number.

Select the sheet where you want this to happen
Right click on the sheet tab and select View code
Copy/paste the code below into the window that opens:

Application.EnableEvents = False
If Target.Address = "$B$47" Then
If IsNumeric(Target) Then
Target.Value = Target.Value * 7.15
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

Return back to Excel - hit ALT Q or click the top "X" to close the window

Try it out.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Chey" wrote:

In cell B47 I want to type in a number example 160 and it multiply
by
7.15
and give the answer. Can someone assit me in how to do this.

Thanks
Chey

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Only a VBA event code suggestion.

If Intersect(Target, Me.Range("G47")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
On Error GoTo enditall
Application.EnableEvents = False
With Target
If .Value < "" Then
.Value = .Value * 7.15
End If
End With
enditall:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

This is sheet event code. Right-click on the sheet tab and "View Code".

Copy/paste into that sheet module. Alt + q to return to Excel window.

NOTE: there will be no error checking or "paper trail" with this automatic
method.

You might do better with entering values in one column and have a helper column
show the final value as Biff suggests.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Chey" wrote:

In cell B47 I want to type in a number example 160 and it multiply by
7.15
and give the answer. Can someone assit me in how to do this.

Thanks
Chey

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You're welcome!