Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chey Chey is offline

Default Calculation

Thank you Thank you thank you.

So very much

Chey

"T. Valko" wrote:

Are you sure you want to do it this way? You would need an event macro to do
this. Also, you might not know if you make a mistake and enter a wrong
number.

Select the sheet where you want this to happen
Right click on the sheet tab and select View code
Copy/paste the code below into the window that opens:

Application.EnableEvents = False
If Target.Address = "$B$47" Then
If IsNumeric(Target) Then
Target.Value = Target.Value * 7.15
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

Return back to Excel - hit ALT Q or click the top "X" to close the window

Try it out.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Chey" wrote in message
this still is not working for what I want. I want to type the value in
B47
and return my answer in B47 so if I were to type in 160 in B47 and hit
return
it would be 1144.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

"T. Valko" wrote:

It would be easier if you use a formula to do this.

B47 = some number

Enter this formula in say, C47:

=IF(ISNUMBER(B47),B47*7.15,0)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Chey" wrote in message
This is going to be a locked form. Many users are going to use it. It
would
be easier if they could just type in a number amount. This represents
hours
worked. Our min wage is 7.15 an hour.

Thanks

"Wigi" wrote:

Hi Chey

Then first, move your cursor to that cell.

Start typing:

=160*7.15

and once you've done that, hit the Enter key.

Are you succeeding?

--
Wigi
http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music

"Chey" wrote:

In cell B47 I want to type in a number example 160 and it multiply
by
7.15
and give the answer. Can someone assit me in how to do this.

Thanks
Chey