Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Page Numbers in footer

I want my first worksheet to be page 3; my second worksheet - page 4 and so
on. In the first worksheet under Page Setup, I inserted "&[page]", then
changed "first page number" to be 3". However, worksheet 4, begins with page
1. I don't want to go to each worksheet and change the "first page number"
to 4, then 5, then 6.

Also, I've tried selected all worksheets (using CRTL), and then changing the
setup but then all the worksheets have page 3 on them.

Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you group the worksheets you what to print, or select Entire Workbook
from the Print dialog, then the first sheet will set the page number for it
and all the following sheets will use the next number (as long as they are
set to "Auto" as their first page number).

--
Jim
"Sherry" wrote in message
|I want my first worksheet to be page 3; my second worksheet - page 4 and so
| on. In the first worksheet under Page Setup, I inserted "&[page]", then
| changed "first page number" to be 3". However, worksheet 4, begins with
page
| 1. I don't want to go to each worksheet and change the "first page
number"
| to 4, then 5, then 6.
|
| Also, I've tried selected all worksheets (using CRTL), and then changing
the
| setup but then all the worksheets have page 3 on them.
|
| Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jim"Sherry" wrote in message

|I want my first worksheet to be page 3; my second worksheet - page 4 and so
| on. *In the first worksheet under Page Setup, *I inserted "&[page]", *then
| changed "first page number" to be 3". *However, worksheet 4, begins with
page
| 1. *I don't want to go to each worksheet and change the "first page
number"
| to 4, then 5, then 6.
|
| Also, I've tried selected all worksheets (using CRTL), and then changing
the
| setup but then all the worksheets have page 3 on them.
|
| Any ideas?

On a like topic, does anyone know how when printing a multi-page
workbook I can get the page count to reset for each worksheet?

For example, my workbook may contain 5 worksheet that each are 10
pages long. When I print the workbook it prints them 1 to 50. What I
would like is for each worksheet to be numbered 1 to 10.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In PageSetup you can direct the number of the first page.

From the Menu Bar:
<File <PageSetup <Page tab,

At the bottom, in the "First Page Number" box,
Change the "Auto" to 1.

BTW, if you use "Page n of n", this will *not* change the total page count.
That will continue to display the total pages in the print job, even though
the individual page numbers will reset with each Sheet.
--
HTH,

RD