Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default can I use letters as page numbers in footer

Is it possible to set up automatic page numbers in the footer that use
letters instead of numbers? i.e. I have a 5 page document that I want the
page numbers in the footer to be A, B, C, D, E. My solution right now is to
code those page numbers into the body of the worksheet itself, or to split
the worksheet into 5 tabs and hard code the appropirate letter into the
footer, but ideally I would like to have the letters as an atomatically
incrementing "page letter" in the footer. Can I make use of a custom list in
a footer or some such?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In A Standard Module Copy in:

Sub UseLetters()
ActiveSheet.DisplayPageBreaks = True
Pgcount = ActiveSheet.HPageBreaks.Count + 1
CvNum = 64
For c = 1 To Pgcount
With ActiveSheet.PageSetup
.LeftFooter = "This is Page " & Chr(CvNum + c) & " of " & Chr(CvNum +
Pgcount)
End With
ActiveSheet.PrintPreview 'Or ActiveSheet.PrintOut - Change to suit
Next c
End Sub

HTH,

Jim May