Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Automatically it should be converted

Hi All,

I've a query regarding attendance sheet in excel. If we key in lower case
letter it shud take it as upper case. ANY IDEAS????

Thanks in Advance...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Srikanth,

There is a YES answer for yr query. But in a different way. For example
Enter the Names in Column B and write this Formula =UPPER(B1:B5) in Column A
- you will see a magic before your eyes

A B
1 FOX fox
2 SRIKANTH srikanth
3 APPLE apple
4 INDIA india
5 GAZZALI gazzali

Also I suggest you to use the Excel Help menu as I just came this site to
look for some help on lookup Formulas (i.e. There should be some formulas /
ways to write formulas in the same input cells where the result should
appear) and I read your query and checked the functions and learned on the
Spot and sending this to you now. So make use of Excel help and try to learn
from your self - It will motivate you to learn many other things which you
never intended to :-)

With Best Regards,

Mohamed Gazzali

"Srikanth" wrote:

Hi All,

I've a query regarding attendance sheet in excel. If we key in lower case
letter it shud take it as upper case. ANY IDEAS????

Thanks in Advance...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could right click the sheet tab, view code and paste this in. Change the
range to suit

If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A:A")) Is Nothing Then
On Error Resume Next
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Not Target.HasFormula Then Target.Value =
UCase(Target.Value)
Application.EnableEvents = True
On Error GoTo 0

Mike

"Srikanth" wrote:

Hi All,

I've a query regarding attendance sheet in excel. If we key in lower case
letter it shud take it as upper case. ANY IDEAS????

Thanks in Advance...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Here is some event code for the worksheet.

Works on columns 1 through 8.............edit to suit.

If Target.Column 8 Then Exit Sub
On Error GoTo ErrHandler
Application.EnableEvents = False
Target.Formula = UCase(Target.Formula)
ErrHandler:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

This is event code. Right-click on the sheet tab and "View Code".

Copy/paste into that sheet module.

As you enter text in any cell it will change to CAPS.

Will not change existing text unless you F2ENTER on those but will change all
new text entries.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 20:45:00 -0800, Srikanth
wrote:

Hi All,

I've a query regarding attendance sheet in excel. If we key in lower case
letter it shud take it as upper case. ANY IDEAS????

Thanks in Advance...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks, this was very useful. I just needed to make some slight adjustments
in the formula to get the worksheet working. Thanks.. very useful to enter
names of people, places etc. that should always be capital letters.

Thanks a ton once again

regards
sai

"Srikanth" wrote:

Hi All,

I've a query regarding attendance sheet in excel. If we key in lower case
letter it shud take it as upper case. ANY IDEAS????

Thanks in Advance...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Macros are not working when i've pasted in VB..
Kindly help me in getting this done.
Not only this macro I've so many but they are not working.
I've pasted and saved that VB. But No results.

Any Ideas
????????

wrote:

Hi All,

I've a query regarding attendance sheet in excel. If we key in lower case
letter it shud take it as upper case. ANY IDEAS????

Thanks in Advance...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Mike,

This macro is working only for column A. For the rest of the sheet its not
working
I want that to be applied for all the cells.
Any Ideas??????????????

"Srikanth" wrote:

Hi All,

I've a query regarding attendance sheet in excel. If we key in lower case
letter it shud take it as upper case. ANY IDEAS????

Thanks in Advance...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In my opinion, people and places should be entered in Proper Case, not Upper
Case.

UPPER CASE IS DIFFICULT TO READ AND HARD ON THE EARS!

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Srikanth" wrote:

Hi All,

I've a query regarding attendance sheet in excel. If we key in lower case
letter it shud take it as upper case. ANY IDEAS????

Thanks in Advance...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Did you copy/paste to the worksheet module?

See Ron de Bruin's site for where to store various types of code.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/code.htm

Gord

wrote:

Hi All,

I've a query regarding attendance sheet in excel. If we key in lower case
letter it shud take it as upper case. ANY IDEAS????

Thanks in Advance...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Gord,

I've pasted to worksheet module... No Results..
Please help me in doing this..

wrote:

Hi All,

I've a query regarding attendance sheet in excel. If we key in lower case
letter it shud take it as upper case. ANY IDEAS????

Thanks in Advance...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You said in an earlier post that "Not only this macro I've so many but they are
not working."

Perhaps your ToolsOptionsSecurityMacro Security is set to High or Very High
which disables macros with no warning message.

Try setting to Medium.

Gord