Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default link messes with text format

I alredy posted this in the Word forum, and someone suggested to post it
here. Sorry if it isn't on topic.

I have a word doc where I have text and numbers in this fashion:

ababababab (tab) xxx (tab) (tab) (tab) ababab ((tab) xxx

I wanted to link the numbers (xxx) to some excel cells, but the moment I
make the
link the formating goes awry like this:

ababab
(link)

(tab) (tab) (tab) ababab (tab) etc...

Is there any hope for me and my petty question?

TIA

Hernan