Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Automatic Entry

Can someone tell me step by step how to make text entry appear in a cell as a
suffix automatically after I make an entry...ex....type 123 in cell A1..I
want sm.jpg to automatically thereafter....123sm.jpg. How can I formulate the
entire column. Can anyone help?
--
Arthur
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Format Cells... Number Custom General"sm.jpg"
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200761

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Assuming you have the cells pre-formatted to your special format, then try
Copy PasteSpecial Values, instead of just plain Copy Paste, as that
copies the formatting as well as the values.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Newbie" wrote:

Can someone tell me step by step how to make text entry appear in a cell as a
suffix automatically after I make an entry...ex....type 123 in cell A1..I
want sm.jpg to automatically thereafter....123sm.jpg. How can I formulate the
entire column. Can anyone help?
--
Arthur

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Chuck ....this is a fabulous thing for me... Thanks a MILLION!...
one last question....can I possibly copy "tally taylor 123" from column A
and special paste it to coluimn B and make the sm.jpg
attach....result.....tally taylor 123sm.jpg
--
Arthur

"Newbie" wrote:

Can someone tell me step by step how to make text entry appear in a cell as a
suffix automatically after I make an entry...ex....type 123 in cell A1..I
want sm.jpg to automatically thereafter....123sm.jpg. How can I formulate the
entire column. Can anyone help?
--
Arthur

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Not as far as I know without using a macro..........but if you are just
wanting to add "sm.jpg" to all the values in column A, then put this in B1 or
B2 and copy down

=A1&"sm.jpg"

But, on the other hand, if you are wanting a listing of all the .jpg's in a
directory, then Jim Cone has a nifty little commercial Add-in called
ListFiles that will do it for you automatically and make the list all live
links also if you wish. It's available at
http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware/

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Newbie" wrote:

Can someone tell me step by step how to make text entry appear in a cell as a
suffix automatically after I make an entry...ex....type 123 in cell A1..I
want sm.jpg to automatically thereafter....123sm.jpg. How can I formulate the
entire column. Can anyone help?
--
Arthur

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

You're welcome Arthur, and thanks for the feedback.

Merry Christmas to you and yours as well........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3