Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ali Ali is offline

Default Fix content of cells (not allow users to change)

I want to fix all content in "row 1".

meaning, users can only update content from row 2 on wards, all headers in
row 1 should not be changed.

Thanks a lot, experts !

--
Allen Phailat Wongakanit
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

All Cells in Excel are "locked"...that means, if you protect your
worksheet no cell can be changed.
If you want to change that, select all cells you want to "unlock",
right click on a cell, format cells, tab protection and uncheck
"locked"
then goto tools -- protection -- protect worksheet -- enter a
password and maybe uncheck "select locked cells" (excel 2002 and above
i think).

that should do the trick.

hth
Carlo

On Dec 21, 3:21*pm, ali wrote:
I want to fix all content in "row 1".

meaning, users can only update content from row 2 on wards, all headers in
row 1 should not be changed.

Thanks a lot, experts !

--
Allen Phailat Wongakanit

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Try it in this sequence

Select entire sheet
Click Format Cells Protection tab
Uncheck "Locked" OK

Then select only the entire row1
Click Format Cells Protection tab
Check "Locked" OK

Then apply sheet protection:
Click Tools Protection Protect Sheet Password? OK
--
Max
Singapore
"ali" wrote:
I want to fix all content in "row 1".

meaning, users can only update content from row 2 on wards, all headers in
row 1 should not be changed.

Thanks a lot, experts !

--
Allen Phailat Wongakanit

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi ali,
Carlo and Max both have points on how to protect cells. I have one
suggestion. You can protect a single cell by these steps:
1. Click the Data on Menu bar
2. Select Validation
3. Select the settings tab
4. Change the Allow drop-down menu to Custom
5. Then type in the formula input box the data you want the cell to be
accepted.
I hope this one works...GoodDay!