Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Protected cell

Is it possible to protect just some cells and not the entire book?

JPG
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

By default all cells are protected but that only becomes active if you
protect the sheet. So to do what you want select all the cells on a sheet then

Format|Cells|protection
Remove the locked checkmark
Then
select the cells you want to lock and repeat the above steps but insert the
locked checkmark
Protect the sheet and your done.

Mike

"juanpablo" wrote:

Is it possible to protect just some cells and not the entire book?

JPG

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That doesnt work, because it does not allow me to use the pivot table.

I have pivots that I want to be able to use, but two rows below the table
need to be protected.

JPG