Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Personal File Link with Worksheet

With Office 2007 I am finding that the personal file is not directly linked
with the main spreadsheet so that when I close the main spreadsheet the
personal file is still open and requires to be closed seperately. Is there
a way to fix this?
Mervyn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am finding that the personal file is not directly linked with the main
spreadsheet

I don't know what 'the main spreadsheet' is but Personal.xls is designed to
open with Excel (hidden) and stay open until Excel closes. The point being
to hold 'personal' macros that can be used with any workbook.

--
Jim
"Mervyn Thomas" wrote in message
| With Office 2007 I am finding that the personal file is not directly
linked
| with the main spreadsheet so that when I close the main spreadsheet the
| personal file is still open and requires to be closed seperately. Is
there
| a way to fix this?
| Mervyn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jim - I mean the workbook that is openeded by name with " Personal" opening
at the same time. When the workbook is closed Personal stays open and has to
be closed seperately!!

"Jim Rech" wrote in message
I am finding that the personal file is not directly linked with the main
spreadsheet

I don't know what 'the main spreadsheet' is but Personal.xls is designed
open with Excel (hidden) and stay open until Excel closes. The point
being
to hold 'personal' macros that can be used with any workbook.

--
Jim
"Mervyn Thomas" wrote in message
| With Office 2007 I am finding that the personal file is not directly
linked
| with the main spreadsheet so that when I close the main spreadsheet the
| personal file is still open and requires to be closed seperately. Is
there
| a way to fix this?
| Mervyn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Personal is visible ?

When you open Excel and you see PERSONAL.XLS(B) in the title bar you can use this to hide it.

Excel 97-2003: WindowHide
Excel 2007 : On the View tab in the window group choose Hide

Then close Excel and say Yes to save the changes to your PERSONAL file.

See also
http://www.rondebruin.nl/personal.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin