Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default single-cell multiple entry with pull-down list?

Hello,

I've been scouring all the tutorials and forums to see if it's possible to
have multiple entries in a single-cell with a pull-down list.

For ex. the pull-down list is composed of: Object A, Object B, ..., Object X
When I click on a cell with the data validation-List enabled, I currently
have the option of choosing Object A OR Object B, etc.
But I can't pick Object A, then input comma in the same cell, then select
Object B in the same cell (i.e. in one cell, have "Object A, Object B, etc.")
without the second selection wiping out the first one.

Is this possible in Excel and how can I do this?

Thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

DV0017 - Select Multiple Items from Dropdown List-- Select multiple items from a
dropdown list; an event macro stores selections in adjacent cell, or in same
cell. DataValMultiSelect.zip 18kb updated 22-Feb-07

This sample workbook can be downloaded from Debra Dalgleish's website.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/excelfiles.html#DataVal

Note: the multiple entries in one cell are comma-delimited as you wanted.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 07:57:04 -0800, Wade wrote:

Hello,

I've been scouring all the tutorials and forums to see if it's possible to
have multiple entries in a single-cell with a pull-down list.

For ex. the pull-down list is composed of: Object A, Object B, ..., Object X
When I click on a cell with the data validation-List enabled, I currently
have the option of choosing Object A OR Object B, etc.
But I can't pick Object A, then input comma in the same cell, then select
Object B in the same cell (i.e. in one cell, have "Object A, Object B, etc.")
without the second selection wiping out the first one.

Is this possible in Excel and how can I do this?

Thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

But it is possible through code Stephen.

See my resopnse to OP

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP