Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default External link to Named Range

I have a workbook that contains several worksheets. The worksheets are broken
down into named ranges representing a week of the month.
I have a webpage that is linking to these named ranges with basic HTML.
What has happened now that we are using Excel 2007 is that no matter what
link you select on the webpage, the workbook opens to the last place that it
was saved.
This has even affected workbooks that were originally created in Excel 2003.
So this link <a href="stats/fiscal_05_stats.xls#stats100404"10/04/04</a
Doesn't direct you to the named range stats100404, it takes you to the last
cell that was active when the workbook was saved.
Does anyone have an idea as to what might be causing this behavior?
I have tried modifying the link to a specific cell range i.e.
had no impact on the issue at all.
Hoping that someone out there might have an idea or two!
Thanks!