Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DD DD is offline

Default calculate amount of change in a single cell

Is there a function that will calculate the amount a cell has changed.

For example the cell has a 2 in it and I change it to a 4. I'm looking for a
function that will show the difference as being 2.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Where would you like the result to be displayed?..........in a pop-up?, in
the cell next to the one changed?, in another sheet?.........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"DD" wrote:

Is there a function that will calculate the amount a cell has changed.

For example the cell has a 2 in it and I change it to a 4. I'm looking for a
function that will show the difference as being 2.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

See your other thread.
--
David Biddulph

"DD" wrote in message
Is there a function that will calculate the amount a cell has changed.

For example the cell has a 2 in it and I change it to a 4. I'm looking for
function that will show the difference as being 2.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DD DD is offline

In the cell next to the one changed. A change event macro isn't an option.
Needs to be in a macrofree workbook.

"DD" wrote:

Is there a function that will calculate the amount a cell has changed.

For example the cell has a 2 in it and I change it to a 4. I'm looking for a
function that will show the difference as being 2.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Same answer Joel gave to your previous post.

Not without VBA.

At least you got the math right in this post<g

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP