Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Totals and #Value!

I think this ia a very straightforward question.

I have a column of the number of items sold, each month a new column
is added. at the bottom of each column is a grand total for the month
in the form of
=D14:D36

however if there are no items sold during the month then it returns

#VALUE!

If there are no sales then I would like it to show either 0 or just an
empty cell.
How can i achieve this please.

Bob
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You sure you didn't use:
=sum(d14:d36)
or
=subtotal(9,d14:d36)

If you did, I'd look for cells that contain that error--maybe on a hidden row
(do you have an autofilter applied?).

If this doesn't help, you may want to repost your correct formula.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=D14:D36
is not a valid formula, so I don't think this is really what you are using.
You could have
=SUM(D14:D36)
but then this should return 0 if there's nothing in D14:D36.
For further help, please post back with exact details.

"Box666" wrote in message
I think this ia a very straightforward question.

I have a column of the number of items sold, each month a new column
is added. at the bottom of each column is a grand total for the month
in the form of
=D14:D36

however if there are no items sold during the month then it returns

#VALUE!

If there are no sales then I would like it to show either 0 or just an
empty cell.
How can i achieve this please.

Bob

Summing Weekly Totals into Monthly Totals steph44haf Excel Worksheet Functions 3 July 5th 06 04:51 PM
How do I sum YTD totals based on monthly totals Bsgrad02 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 July 12th 05 04:59 PM
totals fatdave Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 April 20th 05 08:28 PM
(Sub)totals JulieD New Users to Excel 0 March 17th 05 09:35 AM
Comparing/matching totals in a column to totals in a row Nicole L. Excel Worksheet Functions 3 January 27th 05 10:42 PM