Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I prevent someone copying information into a cell in excel

I am reciving #REF errors from a calculation when a user of the excel sheet
copies and paste information over from a website...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dlw dlw is offline

right click on the cell, Format Cells / Protection / Locked
then- Tools / Protection / Protect sheet and give it a password

"Frank" wrote:

I am reciving #REF errors from a calculation when a user of the excel sheet
copies and paste information over from a website...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I prevent someone copying information into a cell in ex

I need these cells to be unlocked for data entry. We are entering in account
numbers in this field. The crew is supposed to have this information at hand
but if it is missing the they look it up on a website. The error occurs when
they copy the number and paste it into the cell. This will change the sheet
(I'm not sure how it does it) and screws up simple formulas across the
worksheet.

Any help to prevent this would be greatly apprecated!