Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default File Error

Hi there

I have just rebuilt a HP laptop after full hard drive recovery. I am
transferring a number of files across from the backup laptop I was
using.

Both machines are using identical software programmes (office 2003 and
XP Pro) and same anti virus signatures.

One Excel file will not open on the new machine but will open just
fine on the backup machine. I get the error "File error, data may have
been lost" and I can not do any more. I have to close the application
through task manager.

I have tried numerous ways of transferring the file across (e-mail,
network copy and paste, memory stick) but in each case it gives me the
same error. It seems to be only this file I have trouble with.

I have as far as possible made the settings such as macro security the
same on both laptops

Thanks

Tony